Avanade South Africa are opening up applications for their 2017 Internship Program in Cape Town and in Centurion. We will have multiple opportunities available to go into our Software Engineering Talent Community. Our Software Engineering Talent Community is responsible for implementing the cutting-edge digital solutions that we offer to our clients. Members of this community work right across the software, product and service delivery lifecycles. They include IT architects, developers, programmers and coders, as well as quality assurance and testing experts.
As an Intern at Avanade, you will build management, technical and planning skills by participating in projects and interacting with customers. You will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the programming of new applications using the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, BizTalk, Business Intelligence, SharePoint, Office 365 and other advanced components of Microsoft technology
- Consult with Avanade’s Fortune 500 customers
- Execute test scripts and document the results
- Support, maintain and administer deployed solutions
Our internships are excellent entry level positions and will provide you with a great development opportunity. We are looking for candidates who can work full-time for a 12 month period. We will provide you with valuable experiences working on real-life clients, and support you through Microsoft certifications, and ongoing training. Successful interns will have the potential to apply for a full-time graduate position.
What we are looking for:
- In penultimate or final year of completing a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or computer-related discipline
- Passion for technology
- Knowledgeable of requirements gathering methods and tools.
- Understanding of software development and implementation lifecycle
- Functional knowledge of a development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an academic, extracurricular or professional setting
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
How to apply?
To apply for the 2017 Avanade Internship Programme in either Centurion or Cape Town CLICK HERE
Closing date: Unspecified