The CSIR has three Internship opportunities in its Information Services. The purpose of these Internships is to provide graduates with the opportunity to gain practical work experience. These positions are based in Pretoria.
- Conduct subject specific literature searches;
- Conduct bibliometric research to measure researcher performance;
- Provide alerting services and updating subject specific blogs;
- Monitor publications output within the specific units;
- Train clients in the use of electronic publication databases;
- Analyse and index published subject literature;
- Populate institutional repositories using Dspace and Inmagic;
- Scan, analyse and index research reports;
- Assist in implementing the disposal process within the archives;
- Index archival records and catalogue books;
- Weed the book collection and do journal circulation;
- Request and fill inter library loans;
- Search for and order documents that are difficult to trace;
- Fulfil general library duties such as shelving.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in library/information science;
- Should be registered for an Honours degree;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Exposure to library web 2.0 technologies would be advantageous;
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title and reference number in the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Job title: Library and Information Science Reference No: 307802)
Closing date: 15 March 2017
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za