Harmony Gold is one of South Africa’s leading gold producer and it is counted among world leaders in gold mining. The mining company is inviting students already studying and prospective students intending to study at a South African university to apply for their 2018 bursaries. The objective of the Harmony Gold Bursary Scheme is to recruit and select bursars preferably from communities surrounding our operations for full time study at accredited Tertiary Institutions. The Bursary Scheme accommodates students entering or already at Tertiary Institutions.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered for the 2018 Harmony Gold Bursaries, candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be either a learner in Matric or a student already at university;
- If you have already passed Matric, you must have passed the following subjects (with Admission to Bachelor’s degree):
|Maths||Rating Level: 5 or 60%|
|Maths for Engineering Studies||Rating Level: 6 or 70%|
|Science||Rating Level: 5 or 60%|
|Science for Engineering Studies||Rating Level: 6 or 70%|
|English||Rating Level: 5 or 60%|
- Similarly, if you currently in Matric – you must achieve the above results;
- The bursaries are open to various fields, applicants applying for bursaries with less than an achievement level of 6 in Mathematics and Science will not be considered for Engineering. Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted for Core Disciplines;
- When applying, please ensure that you attach certified proof of your identity document and academic results. Do not send original documents. Current Matriculants must submit their Grade 11 final results (December results) and Grade 12 June results.
How to apply?
To get more information and to apply for the 2018 Harmony Bursaries CLICK HERE
Closing date: 31 July 2017
© The Bursary Bin