NMISA is offering undergraduate bursaries at a recognised South African University. Upon completion, the bursars will be required to work one year for every year sponsored at NMISA. Successful graduates will follow an exciting career at NMISA in the Science of Accurate Measurement (Metrology). NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus you will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) units in the Electricity & Magnetism division.
Bursaries are offered in the following fields of study:
- Engineering degree (Electrical, Electronic or Mecha-Electronics)
- BSc Physics
Who can apply:
- Undergraduate students who are registered fulltime at a recognised South African university in any of the fields listed above with an average of ≥ 60%
- Grade 12 learners currently studying Mathematics (Not Mathematics Literacy) and Natural Science and are able to provide grade 11 results and progress report for grade 12
- Candidates who are in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate, with Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy) and Natural Science, with ≥ 60% marks
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- The main criteria is academic merit and financial need
The bursary includes:
The full costs of registration and tuition; residence fees and allowance for prescribed books and necessary requirements. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations.
How to apply?
Interested and suitably qualified persons MUST upload/ attach all supporting documentation required (CV, qualifications and academic records, ID etc.) when applying for the position. Only candidates with all supporting documents and completed questionnaire will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2017
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands consents and agrees that NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAPS in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
Only CVs received via Desktop will be accepted. No mobile applications will be considered.
Interested candidates must download the application form from NMISA website and attach it when applying
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. The NMISA Human Capital Development programme, which this bursary forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: African, Coloured & Indian.