Volvo Group Southern Africa is offering an exciting opportunity for an internship programme in the following area: Marketing, the position is situated in the Boksburg. The successful candidate will have exposure to all of the various functions within the Marketing department. This will allow the successful candidate to learn about marketing, events and communication within the commercial vehicles industry.
The successful candidate may have to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Processing of all purchase orders for the department (from quote stage right through to invoice handling).
- Reconciling all financial transactions for the department; after events; to ensure the transactions are allocated to the correct General Ledger accounts.
- Updating the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure all customer records are accurate and verified from time to time in support of Sales and for events and marketing purposes.
- Assisting with events, when additional resources are required.
- Assisting with brand activities; such as distributing promotional material to Dealers.
- Assisting with the sourcing of promotional items and relevant suppliers when required.
- Controlling Volvo Trucks branding and store room.
- General departmental support when the rest of the team is not available, such as sending bulletins, answering phones, loading articles onto Violin etc.
- Assisting with finding and booking locations for smaller events.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office – confident in PowerPoint and Excel advantageous).
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Working under pressure.
- Customer Relationship Management systems advantageous.
- Grade 12 (Essential).
- Relevant qualification in Marketing.
- Event Management and / or Communications.
- Basic understanding of Customer Relationship Management systems will be advantageous.
How to apply?
To apply for the 2017 Marketing Internship at the Volvo Group of Southern Africa’s Boksburg offices CLICK HERE
Closing date: 24 May 2017
Own transport is essential.