The CHIETA has established a bursary Programme to offer financial assistance to young South Africans who qualify to undertake full-time studies at any accredited South African Public Tertiary Institution within the following sub-sectors:
|Petroleum||Explosives||Fast Moving Consumer Goods|
|Base Chemicals||Fertilisers||Speciality Chemicals|
The following fields of study shall be prioritised for funding:
|Analytical Chemistry||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Biochemistry||Polymer Technology||Environmental Science|
|Chemical Engineering||Pharmacy||Industrial Engineering|
|Biomedical Technology||Operations Management||Bachelor of Science|
The bursary will cover tuition fees as determined through the institutions statement of account up to the maximum capped amount of R45 000.00 for Under-graduates and R60 000.00 for Post-graduates per annum. If there is a balance available then books and other expenses can be covered based on proof of expenditure up to the CHIETA’s maximum capped amount.
- South African citizen
- Youth between the age of 16 to 35 who do not have any other bursary funding
- Applicants who have recently completed Grade 12/Matric with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Applicants who registered with a Tertiary Institution and have passed all their modules of their previous semester or year
- Such applicants must already be studying at an accredited South African Tertiary Institution in one of the above mentioned fields of study
- Applicants must complete in full the Bursary Application form which is available on the CHIETA website Attach a certified ID copy (not older than 3 months)
- Attach a certified copy of final Grade 12 results or recent statement of results.
- Certified proof of registration from a Tertiary Institution to be submitted before contract signing if awarded the bursary
If interested, download the application form by clicking here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Application forms and supporting documents can be posted to:
Strategic Projects & WIL Specialist
2 Clamart Road
The application window will open on 5 June 2017 and close on 31 July 2017 at 15:00 (CHIETA will attempt to ensure that feedback is given timeously, however if you have not heard from CHIETA by 11 August 2017 consider your application as unsuccessful).
CHIETA reserves the right to determine the number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total available budget. Applications will be approved at the discretion of CHIETA Management. CHIETA reserves the right not to make an allocation.
Further enquiries can be addressed to: Mahlatse Xinzi or Princess Moumakoe at 011628 7000 or email@example.com