New Media Publishing’s Johannesburg office is looking for an intern to join our team in South Africa’s leading investment and financial magazine, Finweek. Finweek delivers in-depth reporting on business and the economy, equipping our readers to make sound investment and business decisions. If this is something that interests you, please apply. This is a 6 month internship.
What are the requirements?
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- A recent graduates (organizational experience beneficial)
- Excellent English writing skills
- News sense and judgment
- You should also possess the following skills and attributes:
- A fine eye for detail
- Relevant computer skills for a newsroom environment
- An ability to produce quality content under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
What will my duties entail:
- Generate story ideas and write articles for finweek magazine and its website
- Attend and report on events for the magazine and the website
- Write quality news and feature articles
- Represent finweek at a variety of events and functions for stories and networking purposes
- Assist with updating the website and compiling the newsletter if and when required
How to apply?
Please send your CV as well as a Cover Letter explaining your interest in financial reporting and why you would be a great fit for the position, to email@example.com on or before close of business on the 30th of June 2017.
If you have not heard from us by the 17th of July 2017 please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying.