An Internship: Supply Chain Management has become available to receive training within SCM section with clerical, administrative and secretarial duties by ensuring that efficient and effective service is rendered to internal divisions and to ensure that NMISA complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations.
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6 070.00 – R 8 050.00 per month
Major Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Make copies and scan tender document
- Filling of SCM document
- Prepare and arrange meetings
- Capture data on the system and update the file accordingly
- Upload tender document into the system (Website)
- Perform any other assigned job with regard to Supply Chain Management
- Update and follow up expired documents such as Tax Clearance and BBBEE certificates and SBD forms with suppliers
- Perform the help desk function
- Follow-up on supplier’s invoices, statements, orders etc.
- Document management and proper filling of SCM documents
- Coordinate the supplier payment process by registering, processing and forwarding invoices from suppliers to Finance Officer for payment
- Receive delivered goods and verify
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Degree, B.Tech/Honours or M.tech /Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation (PFMA, etc.)
- Competent in MS Office Software package
- Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
- Good communication skills and report writing skills
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
How to apply?
To apply for the NMISA 2017/18 Supply Chain Management / Logistics Internships CLICK HERE
Interested and suitably qualified persons MUST upload/ attach all supporting documentation required (CV, qualifications and academic records, ID etc.) when applying for the position. Only candidates with all supporting documents and completed questionnaire will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications: 13 June 2017
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at the NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
Only CVs received via Desktop will be accepted. No mobile applications will be considered.