Anglo American’s coal operation in Mpumalanga – the Mafube Colliery – is inviting young South Africans interested in a career in mining to apply for their 2017 learnership opportunities. The learnership requires applicants to have either a Grade 12/ Matric qualification OR an N2 technical qualification. Applicants must have passed Maths and Science in Matric OR have a Technical N2 with subjects as listed below under requirements.
Which learnership areas are available?
The Anglo American Learnerships are available for people interested in following a mining related career in any of the following occupations:
- Instrumentation Mechanician
- Diesel Mechanic
- A high regard for safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent with Maths (not Maths Literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science OR
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e.:
|Electrician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.|
|Fitter:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining.|
|Plater:||Boilermaker: Maths, Engineering Science, Plater Structural Steel Drawing, Plater Theory|
|Instrumentation Mechanician:||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Instrument Trade Theory.|
|Diesel Mechanic:||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel Mechanic Theory.|
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and, prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or be able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Exposure in the Engineering Sector of Mining will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.
- Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
The Company offers:
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities.
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- People focused values across the organisation.
- Successful incumbents will be offered a highly competitive, flexible remuneration package.
How to apply?
Ref No: MAF061/17RA
To apply for the 2017 Anglo American Mafube Colliery Learnerships CLICK HERE OR Submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license & ID Document to the HR Offices at Mafube Colliery.
Please indicate the trade you are applying for.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets. All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Communication will be with short-listed candidates only.
Closing date: 12 July 2017