In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for its 2017/18 Biokinetics Internships.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The intern(s) will practice under the supervision of a qualified Biokineticist, which entails the evaluation and pre- and post-rehabilitation of the following conditions and providing them with excellent services:
- Orthopaedic conditions (pre- and post-operative);
- Sports injuries;
- Postural deviations;
- Muscle tone problems in children;
- Arthritis and chronic pain;
- Coronary heart disease and associated risk factors;
- Corporate testing, wellness days and talks;
- Pulmonary pathologies;
- Neurological evaluations;
- Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Epilepsy etc;
- Other special population pathologies;
- Cerebral Palsy, Fibromyalgia, Pregnancy, Obesity, Children etc;
- General health and wellness screenings;
- Medical aid testing and screening (Vitality, Momentum);
- Present hydrotherapy classes;
- Aerobic and fitness classes.
The intern(s) will assist with research and teaching, including:
- The collection of data for contract research;
- The collection of data for honours, masters and doctoral dissertations;
- The preparation and administering of the theoretical and practical training of the honours biokinetic students.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time, 12 month internship according to the rules and regulations of the HPCSA.
- Currently completing an honours degree in Biokinetics;
- First Aid Level 1 and 2.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language, communication and interpersonal skills;
- A positive client service attitude;
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- A high level of professional and ethical conduct;
- Ability to apply the latest knowledge in die field of Biokinetics;
- Ability to transfer the knowledge to students and to assist in practical training;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Group Fitness Qualification and experience, as the candidate may be required to present classes.
Applicants are requested to apply for the Biokinetics Internships online by CLICKING HERE.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Licinda Pienaar, Tel: (012) 420 6033
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.