Distell offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates for potential placement in our Engineering Department. This position will be based at Adam Tas, Stellenbosch. The successful applicant will report to the Plant Engineering Manager.
Purpose of the Position
The Intention is to give practical work experience to students who completed the theoretical studies and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 October 2017 and terminating on 30 September 2018.
Key Learning areas include (but are not limited to):
- CAPEX planning, scheduling and execution (Will serve as a project to be submitted for in-service training)
- Engineering Stores & spares management
- Engineering Workshop activities;
- Repairs & Maintenance of packaging equipment & other assets
- Distributed Electronic Systems and Programming;
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Completed S4 Theory/Subjects in Electrical Engineering (Electronics).
- Excellent academic record – 75% or above achieved as an average
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Sound communication and presentation skills;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Driver’s license would be beneficial;
- South African Citizen;
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective Interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter / Motivational letter from the Tertiary Institution;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified Academic Record;
- Certified copy of Grade 12;
- A format for evaluation required by the Tertiary Institution (Logbook)
- Certified copy of Identity Document
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly CLICK HERE in order to register and apply on-line.
Reference number: 7870
Closing Date: 25 August 2017