PBT Group, leaders in Business Intelligence, is looking for outstanding candidates / graduates wanting to embark on a specialist IT career path. Our program will equip you with BI best practices, real-life case studies, intensive training and on-the-job mentoring culminating in your deployment into business.
WHAT AND WHO IS PBT?
PBT Group ( www.pbtgroup.co.za ) is the market leader in the specialist Information Technology industry. Established in 1999 PBT has established a name in the industry as being the leading Business Intelligence and Information Specialists in South Africa with a fast-growing international client base.
We have an experienced Managerial and Technical team, PBT’s staff members are highly skilled in their individual areas of expertise, which include Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Business Application Development and are constantly keeping up to date with the fast-paced Information Technology industry and the latest system development technologies.
PBT is not tied to any technology set – we use the best of breed technologies to suit our clients’ requirements and systems. We have active partnerships with all the leading business intelligence, data warehousing, data integration and DBMS vendors.
WHAT IS BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI)?
- It is the process of gathering info in the field of business. It can be described as enhancing data into info and then into knowledge.
- Businesses realize that in this very competitive, fast paced and ever-changing business environment, a key competitive quality is how quickly they respond and adapt to change this is where Business intelligence comes in as it enables them to use information gathered to quickly and constantly respond to changes.
- But go and check out more info for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_intelligence
WHAT SERVICE DO WE AT PBT OFFER?
- Business analysis and requirements specification
- Data warehouse, data mart design, modelling and implementation
- Extraction, transform and loading (ETL) from source systems and databases using third party or custom-developed tools and packages
- User access to critical business information through various technologies such as data mining, executive information systems, online analytical processing, information analysis, exploitation and delivery and ad-hoc querying and reporting tools
- Data warehouse implementation and ongoing management
- Project management throughout the entire data warehouse and information delivery life cycles
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE PART OF OUR GRADUATE PROGRAM?
- Bachelor’s Degree or final year student in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Academic record: a sustained average of 65% and above (your final mark will determine your consideration for the intake into the program)
- Strong knowledge of the Information Technology Development Lifecycle;
- Strong mathematics and statistical skills;
- Firm understanding of Database Functionality;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong programming skills;
- The ability to plan, research, analyse and interpret data;
- Good communication and language skills;
- Strong Leadership qualities;
- Applicants must be under the age of 28.
HOW LONG IS THE PROGRAM?
- The program is for 12 months – 2-3 months’ theory and the rest practical
- Upon completion of the program, successful candidates may have the opportunity of permanent employment based upon their performance during the Graduate Program.
SO WHAT NOW?
If you are interested in the PBT IT Graduate Programme to be based in CAPE TOWN and meet the above requirements, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matric Certificate
- Academic Transcripts (Results) for Tertiary Education.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SA RESIDENTS WITH A VALID ID DOCUMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED.
IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER YOU FOR OUR GRADUATE PROGRAM.