One of South Africa’s leading financial services groups, Discovery, is inviting applications for its 2018 Learnerships in various fields of trade from unemployed young South Africas with a Grade 12/Matric certificate. Learners will be based at Discovery offices in either Sandton or Centurion, Gauteng. A monthly stipend will be paid to successful candidates for the duration of the learnership programmes. On successful completion of this learnership programme, learners will be awarded nationally-recognised qualifications in any of the following fields: IT Technical Support, Short-Term Insurance, Wealth Management, or Long-Term Insurance.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 is essential
- Maths (Minimum Level 4 – 50%) OR Maths Literacy Level 5 – 60% or higher
- English (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- 2nd language (e.g Afrikaans or a Home language; Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years (25 years for some of the learnerships);
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English language;
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
- Only South African candidates by birth will be considered.
How to apply?
Depending on the learnership you are applying for follow the application links as set out below:
- Learnership: IT Technical Support (10 positions available) – based in Sandton – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Learnership: Long Term Insurance (3 vacancies to be filled) – based in Technopark, Centurion – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Learnership: Short Term Insurance (12 positions vacant) – based in Sandton – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Learnership: Wealth Management (15 learners required) – to be based in Sandton – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Learnership: Long Term Insurance (10 positions available) – based in Sandton – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing date: Unspecified
© The Bursary Bin