The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes – not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Human resources or related field
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
1. Support Recruitment for vacant positions including related administrative actions, longlisting, arranging assessments and coordinating recruitment schedules.
2. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored according to audit requirements
3. Monitor HR mailbox and act on queries and requests
4. Provide administrative support in drafting confirmation of employment letters, visa request letters, memos for UNLP requests and any other correspondence
5. The incumbent will be tasked to conduct research on the automation of HR filing.
6. Processing of all HR purchase orders
7. Processing of all travel arrangements within the unit.
How to apply?
To apply for the 2017/18 United Nations World Food Programme CLICK HERE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Duration of internship: 6 months
Closing date: 15 September 2017