South African pathology practice, Vermaak and Partners Pathologists, are inviting applications for their 2018 Phlebotomy Learnerships from unemployed South Africans who have completed a Matric / Grade 12 and are looking to study while earning a stipend in a learnership programme. This learnership programme is open to people who are willing to work shifts as follows: 06h00-15h00, 08h00-17h00, 10h00-19h00, 06h00-18h00, 18h00-06h00. Shifts can be adjusted according to the needs of the company. Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, public holidays and night shift according to the needs of the company.
- Two year Phlebotomy Technician Learnership Programme.
- Preference will be given to matriculants – 2017.
What are the requirements?
- Grade 12.
- Mathematical Literacy.
- English and Afrikaans.
- Life Science and Physical Science will be an advantage.
- Must be willing to work overtime, night shift, public holidays and weekends according to the needs of the company.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Willing to collect and/or process blood and body products.
- Candidates are expected to enter into a contractual agreement with Vermaak and Partners.
- Theoretical training will take place in Pretoria.
- Practical training will take place at any of the Vermaak and Partners Depots on a rotation basis.
- Selection process will include:
- Screening of applications and academic results.
- Selected candidates will be shortlisted and invited to undergo written proficiency tests.
- Highest scoring candidates on the above will be invited to attend panel interviews.
- It is specifically brought to the attention of interested individuals that only those candidates who fully comply with the application
- instructions, score the highest in the competitive testing and interview processes, and who are deemed most suitable will be selected.
- Commencement date: February 2018
How to apply?
- The following must be submitted to reach the HR Department via e-mail or fax before or on 06 October 2017:
- Latest Matric Results or Matric Certificate
- Fax: 086 743 7809
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Please quote post number on application (0822)
- Due to the volume of applications should we not contact you within 15 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.