The CSIR has Internship opportunities in the Finance portfolio. The purpose of these internships is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through performing accounting and administrative duties. These positions are based in Pretoria.
- Process financial transactions in the allocated unit under guidance and supervision to ensure the transactions are recorded accurately, in compliance with policies, processes, guidelines and legislation;
- Perform financial account reconciliations to identify discrepancies or items to be actioned and ensure that all transactions are recorded in the correct accounting period;
- Prepare, obtain and attach supporting documentation for approvals before processing journals for correct allocation and accounting for income and expenses;
- Follow up and resolve queries received from units, suppliers or customers, and where required, escalate to supervisor or accountant for action;
- Keep record of financial documents, e.g. journals and invoices, for future reference and audit purposes;
- Follow up on the status of open orders and ensure accuracy for financial reporting and year-end accruals;
- Review debtors age analysis, follow up on outstanding invoices, request payment from customers and update customer records;
- Process ad-hoc invoices for services rendered or goods supplied in accordance with the customer order/accepted quotations;
- Conduct financial administration of contracts and projects under guidance;
- Assist with preparation of financial reports and provide allocation details of deposits received;
- Assist with month-end and year-end processes to enable financial departments to meet deadlines and process all financial transactions before final closure.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A three year diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Good understanding and ability to implement basic accounting principles;
- Basic knowledge of VAT principles, Microsoft Office Suite and email;
- Ability to function under pressure and manage stress;
- Good office administrative and record keeping skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good time management and planning skills;
- Effective communication and listening skills;
- Effective and professional writing skills;
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Sound work ethic and ability to work in large teams is essential.
TO APPLY FOR THIS 2018 FINANCE INTERNSHIP AT THE CSIR CLICK HERE
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.