The City of Cape Town offers bursaries for full-time students, provided they meet certain requirements. We offer bursaries to full-time studies who live in the greater Cape Metropolitan Area.
To be eligible, you must be a full-time student at an approved tertiary institution, registered for an undergraduate/postgraduate degree/diploma in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study in 2018 (see below).
The bursaries will cover costs relating to registration, examination and class fees. The closing date for all applications is Friday, 16 February 2018.
What qualifications / study fields will be funded?
To be eligible, you must be registered for an undergraduate/postgraduate degree/diploma in 2018 in one of the below:
Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
Auditing (for registration purposes)
Engineering (various fields)
Environmental Specialists (various fields)
Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
Information Systems and Technology (Specialist)
Legal Specialisation (various fields)
Library Sciences (collections and acquisitions)
Supply Chain Management
Technical training/ qualifications in Electricity/Energy Services/HVAC/ Refrigeration/Electronic/ Process Control and Operations
Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors and Architecture
Students who are registered any of the following will also be considered:
- A qualification relevant to the local government environment (including compliance related qualifications)
- Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) minimum competency qualification
- Public Accountability qualification
- National School of Government: Leadership Development Programme
A list of approved fields of study may also be viewed at all City libraries and the following municipal offices:
- Brackenfell Municipal Office
- Cape Town Human Resource Employment Counter
- Helderberg Municipal Office
- South Peninsula Municipal Office
- Bellville Municipal Building
- Parow Municipal Building
How to apply
Download the application form here
You can also access the forms at the offices listed above or at the City libraries.
- Late applications will NOT be considered
- Your application will not be acknowledged in writing and copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- If you do not receive a response from us by 30 April 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.