MAN Diesel & Turbo are inviting applications for a Diesel Fitter Apprenticeship to be based at their Cape Town offices from young South Africans who have completed N2 in a relevant trade. Successful candidates will be placed on a 4-year apprenticeship contract until the are qualified artisans and will be paid a monthly stipend during this period.
- Assist qualified artisans to conduct duties
- Utilise all opportunities available to increase knowledge of the trade as a novice
- Attend further mandatory institutionalised training/s as may be required and to ensure completion of the program
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are maintained at all times
- Maintain all work bays, special tools and equipment in a clean and tidy condition
- Record a detailed description (logbook) of all work performed throughout the day for the purpose of merSETA
- N2 minimum entry requirement necessary
- Must have a Mechanical Aptitude – interested in a Trade
- The contract will run for a maximum period of 4 years and the salary band will be in accordance with the stipulated MEIBC criteria (all inclusive)
- Individuals should be enthusiastic and motivated learners who are able to work in a diverse and challenging environment
- Must be punctual, dedicated and a team player and must demonstrate a willingness to grasp new ideas and learn new concepts quickly
How to apply?
To apply for the MAN 2018 Diesel Apprenticeship CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 06 February 2018
Must be prepared to undergo a practical Trainability Assessment to determine suitability for the Training Program.
Applicants whose credentials best match the above criteria will be invited for an interview.
This position is located at the MAN Diesel & Turbo in Cape Town
. Reference code: 50271979