MAN Diesel & Turbo is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines for use in ships and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications.Customers receive worldwide after-sales services marketed under the MAN PrimeServ brand. MAN Diesel & Turbo is a company in the Power Engineering business area of MAN SE.
MAN Diesel & Turbo South Africa comprises mainly of these two divisions, both of which offer new and after sales services 24/7, installation and commissioning.
Elca Engineering is a division of MAN Diesel & Turbo South Africa and is an ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 3834 Certified Turbomachinery Company, specialising in turbines, compressors and the machining of high precision parts, equipment and components. Elca has been of service, locally and internationally, for more than 50 years as a third party service provider and has a high commitment to workmanship and Integrity, which enables it to be regarded as a leader in it’s diversified fields.
MAN Diesel & Turbo South Africa currently employs approximately 250 staff across four main locations and we are committed to training and empowering our workforce.
- Assist qualified artisans to conduct duties
- Utilise all opportunities available to increase knowledge of the trade as a novice
- Attend further mandatory institutionalised training/s as may be required and to ensure completion of the program
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are maintained at all times
- Maintain all work bays, special tools and equipment in a clean and tidy condition
- Record a detailed description (logbook) of all work performed throughout the day for the purpose of merSETA
- N2 minimum entry requirement necessary
- Must have a Mechanical Aptitude – interested in a Trade
- The contract will run for a maximum period of 4 years and the salary band will be in accordance with the stipulated MEIBC criteria (all inclusive)
- Individuals should be enthusiastic and motivated learners who are able to work in a diverse and challenging environment
- Must be punctual, dedicated and a team player and must demonstrate a willingness to grasp new ideas and learn new concepts quickly
How to apply?
To apply for this MAN Diesel & Turbo Fitter and Turner Apprenticeships CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 06 February 2018
Must be prepared to undergo a practical Trainability Assessment to determine suitability for the Training Program
Applicants whose credentials best match the above criteria will be invited for an interview.
This position is located at the MAN Diesel & Turbo in Johannesburg. Reference code: 50271934