The Faculty of Veterinary Science has wonderful opportunities for Junior Veterinarians who wants to gain more experience in a Small Animal- or Equine Clinic and learn from the best specialists!
The Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital has the following vacancies for Interns for 2018:
- Small Animal Clinic (Two posts)
- Dermatology Clinic (One post)
- Equine Clinic (Two posts)
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and week-end service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/academic duties as delegated by the line manager;
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant);
- Adequate subject knowledge of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, or Equine Medicine and Surgery, or Dermatology.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R252 000 per annum
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating the post/s interested in;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 13 February 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Dr Yolandi Smit (Equine), Tel: (012) 529 8141; OR Dr Vanessa McClure (Small Animal), Tel: (012) 529 8196; OR Prof Andrew Leisewitz (Dermatology), Tel: (012) 529 8286.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.