The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) is offering bursaries to learners/students who have applied and have been accepted to study at Higher Education Institutions in South Africa in the 2018 academic year.
The W&RSETA Bursary Scheme addressed one of its strategic objectives to support learners who have registered to further their studies at Higher Education Institutions in South Africa to achieve Outcome 4.2.3 of the National Skills Development Strategy III which is to ensure that high-level national Scarce Skills are being addressed by work-ready graduates from Higher Education Institutions.
Applications for the Bursary are open for the 2018 academic year and the Bursary is restricted to students who have registered for the following Degrees/ Diplomas at Universities or NATED/NCV Programmes which are related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector Scarce Skills priorities:
|HETI (University) DEGREE/DIPLOMA||NATED PROGRAMMES (TVET) – N4 TO N6||NCV PROGRAMMES (TVET) – LEVEL 2 TO LEVEL 4|
|Retail Business Management||Business Management||Finance, Economics & Accounting|
|Purchasing Management||Financial Management||Marketing|
|Supply Chain Management||Marketing Management||Information Technology & Computer Science|
|Logistics Management||Human Resource Management||Office Administration|
|Sales and Marketing Management||Management Assistant||Hospitality|
|Retail Marketing||Clothing Production||Transport and Logistics|
|Accounting||Hospitality and Catering Services|
|Information Technology / Computer Science|
To qualify for the bursary, learners/students must be accepted/registered at a Higher Education Institution (University, University of Technology or TVET College) for the 2018 academic year.
The W&RSETA has allocated funding for bursaries as follows:
- 2000 for New Unemployed TVET College students and 1000 for New Unemployed HET students with these provisions:
- Tuition, books, accommodation, and meals where applicable.
- The programme is for full-time studies at any public South African University and TVET College
- Funding only for the stipulated duration of the qualification or studies.
- Repeat modules/subjects will not be funded.
- Students that were previously funded by the W&RSETA and failed do not qualify.
- Students with other sources of funding do not qualify.
Interested applicants must apply by no later than 28 February 2018. The application form for TVET can be downloaded by CLICKING HERE and must be emailed to Bursaries2018@wrseta.org.za / University & University of Technology Students can apply online by CLICKING HERE . Alternatively they can be obtained from the W&RSETA TVET Coordinators that are based at the respective TVET Colleges. Please note that all completed application forms must be accompanied by the following information:
- Matric Certificate/Grade 12 Results/NCV Level 4 Certificate/ for HET Programmes
- Matric Certificate/Grade 12 Results/NCV Level 4 Certificate/ N3 Certificate for NATED Programmes at TVET Colleges
- Grade 9 Results for NCV Programmes at TVET Colleges
- Certified ID Copy
- Statement of Fees (if already available)
- Proof of Admission
- Proof of Accommodation (if applicable)
- Parent/Guardian’s Personal Details, Employer’s Details and Proof of Income
You can access the following important documents:
Click here for the full advert
Click here for the TVET College Application Form
Click here for the online application form for university and university of technology
Click here for Regional Offices Contact Details
Click here for TVET Coordinators Contact Details
Closing Date: 28 February 2018