Petrochemical company Sasol is inviting applications for its 2018 Electro Mechanical learnerships to be based at its Secunda (Mpumalanga) and Sasolburg (Free State) operations from unemployed South African youths who have completed either Grade 12 OR an N3 OR NCV Level 4 certificate. Successful candidates will be appointed as apprentices who will train to become artisans. As an apprentice you will train and develop to become a qualified Electro Mechanic, according to the requirements of the relevant SETA (Mining Qualifications Authority – MQA) and National Artisan Moderation Board (NAMB).
Your training will include the following Unit Standards
– Electrical equipment
– Mechanical equipment
– Maintenance of underground production equipment
– Safety prerequisites for equipment
– Good housekeeping
Grade 12 OR N3 OR NCV Level 4 with:
– Maths (Minimum E Symbol or 40%) excluding Maths Literacy, Additional Maths, Functional Maths, Commercial Maths and Applied Maths
– Physical / Engineering Science (Minimum E Symbol or 40%) No other Science
– English / Business English passed (compulsory)
ADVANTAGE: N3 with Electro Technology and Mechano Technology will be to your advantage.
– Good communication skills
– Computer literate
– Self starter
– Self motivated
– Team player
– Willingness to learn
How to apply?
To apply for the Sasol Metro Mechanical Learnerships in Secunda and Sasolburg CLICK HERE
Please ensure that your CV is uploaded on the system and contains copies of your ID, Grade 12/N3 or NCV level 4.
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.