The CHIETA has established a bursary programme to offer financial assistance to young South Africans who qualify to undertake full-time studies at any accredited South African Public Tertiary Institution within the following sub-sectors. This bursary is open to learners currently in matric, qualified matriculants planning to study next year, and current students at public tertiary education institutions.
|Petroleum||Explosives||Fast Moving Consumer Goods|
|Base Chemicals||Fertilisers||Speciality Chemicals|
The following fields of study shall be prioritised for funding:
|Analytical Chemistry||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Biochemistry||Polymer Technology||Environmental Science|
|Chemical Engineering||Pharmacy||Industrial Engineering|
|Biomedical Technology||Operations Management||Bachelor of Science|
The bursary shall cover tuition fees as determined through statement of account. up to the maximum capped amount of R76 000.00. If there is a balance available then books and other expenses can be covered based on proof of expenditure up to the maximum capped amount.
- South African citizen;
- Youth between the age of 16 to 35 who do not have any other bursary funding;
- Applicants who have recently completed Grade 12/Matric with Mathematics and Physical Science or
- Applicants who registered with a Tertiary Institution and have passed all their modules of their previous semester or year;
- Such applicants must already be studying at an accredited South African Tertiary Institution in one of the above mentioned fields of study
- Applicants must complete in full the Bursary Application form which is available on the CHIETA website;
- Attach a certified ID copy (not older than 3 months);
- Attach a certified copy of final Grade 12 results or recent statement of results;
- Certified proof of registration from a Tertiary Institution to be submitted before contract signing if awarded the bursary
Application forms and supporting documents must be posted to:
Strategic Projects & WIL Specialist
2 Clamart Road
The application window will open on 04 June 2018 and close on 31 July 2018 at 15:00 (CHIETA will attempt to ensure that feedback is given timeously, however if you have not heard from CHIETA by 17 August 2018 consider your application unsuccessful).
CHIETA reserves the right to determine the number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total available budget. Applications will be approved at the discretion of CHIETA Management.
Further enquiries can be addressed to: Mahlatse Xinzi or Princess Moumakoe at 011 628 7000 or email@example.com
Closing date: 31 July 2018