In-service Training: Reservations Office, Sales and Customer Relations (Six month contract)
The CSIR has an In-service Training opportunity at the International Convention Centre. The programme aims to expose students to the work environment and provide them with workplace experience required to fulfill their qualification. This position is based in Pretoria.
About the centre:
The CSIR ICC is a dedicated, purpose-built convention center catering for the medium-sized convention market hosting over 600 local, national and international conferences and other types of events annually.
- Manage switchboard by answering and directing calls;
- Assist with signage;
- Manage the reception desk of the ICC;
- Manage the reservations office (this includes filing, events coordination, bookings and other administration duties);
- Welcome all clients and delegates at the centre;
- Capture information of all delegates feedback and client evaluation forms;
- Conduct annual quality management reviews;
- Provide customer relations services to day visitors;
- Update sales call database;
- Conduct research and sales calls.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled for a three year qualification in hospitality management (must have completed two years’ theoretical component of the qualification);
- An outstanding academic record for the two years of study;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic environment would be an advantage;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Language proficiency (English spoken and written);
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to be systematic;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management skills.
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- Academic records
To apply for this In-service Training opportunity at the CSIR CLICK HERE
Closing date: 15 June 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.