In-service Trainee Public Relations/Marketing (Six months Contract)
About the job:
CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC) is a dedicated, purpose-built convention centre catering for the medium-sized convention market hosting over 600 local, national and international conferences and other types of events annually. CSIR ICC’s reservation office has a vacancy for an In-service Trainee who will be assisting the Marketing Coordinator to carry out marketing and public relations activities for the centre.
To assist the Marketing Coordinator with the following:
- Source photographer/s, have images taken and maintain stock of images of the Centre to be used in marketing material and assist Marketing Coordinator to source suppliers for marketing and public relations material.
- Maintain brand catalogue and assist Marketing Coordinator to maintain record of all advertising and press coverage.
- Assist all marketing staff with planning and implementing own events and other promotional activities and assist the Marketing Coordinator with preparation of exhibition stand for trade shows.
- Monitor and manage brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients.
- Food station signage;
- Telephones for client use;
- Venue signage; and
- E-mail signatures
- Record keeping of advertising and checking of proofs and maintain library of copies of industry publications.
- Maintain and update content of own website and third party internet adverts and assist Marketing Coordinator with promotions e.g.: annual year planner, regular Facebook and Twitter updates etc.
- Source information on publications in each target market for advertising, maintain database and provide report as input to Marketing & Sales Plan. Awareness of industry trends and innovative marketing methods as contribution to Marketing & Sales Plan e.g.: Social network e-Marketing.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator to conceptualise and write at least one press release a month and to conceptualise and implement CSI projects.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with media monitoring daily for ICC mentions, with monthly stock take of marketing material and with internal communication e.g. update canteen bulletin boards regularly.
- Assist with other marketing and public relations functions as and when required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Studying towards a three (3) years tertiary qualification in marketing or public relations.
- Knowledge of the marketing environment surrounding the conference industry.
- Writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of brand application.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills are key and the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- Academic records
To apply for this in-service training CLICK HERE
Closing date: 15 June 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.