What is a phlebotomist? Phlebotomy technician, or simply phlebotomist, is someone who is well trained in the skill of taking or drawing bloods and collection of specimen other than venous blood. These blood or specimen is used to further check for health issues, like diseases, bacteria, cholesterol, etc. About the Programme….
Vermaak and Partners/Pathcare offers this programme for the training of Phlebotomy Technicians (Further Education and Training Certificate: Phlebotomy Techniques, NQF level 4). The qualification is approved and authorized by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and is run as a learnership under the auspices of the HWSETA. The learnership consists of a structured learning component (theory) as well as work place experience (practical). The training is outcomes-based according to the unit standards that make up the qualification. Learners are taught anatomy and physiology, medical ethics, laboratory safety (including HIV infection prevention), and how to safely collect blood and non-blood specimens for medical pathology and blood transfusion purposes. Registered Phlebotomy Technicians are equipped, through the knowledge and skills gained. These samples aid in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of disease and disease processes in the body. The theory component of the programme takes place at the Academy in Pretoria, but the practical component is offered in numerous locations across Pretoria, East Rand, and Johannesburg. On successful completion of the two year course and a Board Examination set by the HPCSA, the phlebotomy learner is able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician and is able to work in pathology laboratories, such as Vermaak and Partners or PathCare. Vermaak and Partners, and PathCare Academy learners have consistently achieved exceptionally high pass rates on these exams. The programme commences in February 2019.
- The entry level criteria includes Grade 12 or current Grade 12 learners with biology and mathematics, or maths literacy.
- Selection includes pre-interview testing and panel interviews.
- Successful candidates are paid a stipend and are employed on a two-year training contract during their studies at the Vermaak and Partners Academy.
- Student must have reliable transport and willing to rotate within the practice for the purpose of practical training.
- STUDENTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORT, AND MEALS.
- HOW TO APPLY:
- You may apply for this internship programme by e-mailing the below required documentation to email@example.com or fax 0866741194
- • Curriculum Vitae
- • Copy of ID document
- • Copy of Matric certificate OR Latest Matric Symbols available if currently in matric
- Please quote advertisement number of the internship programme applying for in the subject line of your e-mail application or quote number on your documents if faxed – ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER: 1042
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications should we not contact you within 20 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply Before Date: Sunday, August 26, 2018