Casidra SOC Ltd is a project implementing agency for the Department of Agriculture in the Western Cape. We make a difference in the lives of people through effective project management implementation. Applications are invited from proactive, self-motivated and performance-driven team players for the following key opportunity:
Graduate placement (12 month contract)
This position involves the effective coordination of procurement for and implementation of community and household food security projects under the guidance of the assigned Project Manager. This entails, but not exclusively; the legal contracting with beneficiaries, drafting of specifications, sourcing of quotations, compilation of tenders, advertisement and evaluation of tenders in accordance with the Procurement Policy and current legislation as well as appointing contractors, quality control of the work, ensuring adherence to specifications and timelines and signing off the completed project.
Key performance areas, but not limited to:
- Project administration
- Assist with the procurement process
- Coordinate project meetings
- Maintain sound client relations
- Delivery of procured items to beneficiaries
To be considered you will have:
- No prior experience required however, knowledge in the implementation of projects and procurement in an agricultural environment would be advantageous * Knowledge of small scale and urban farming and small- scale irrigation advantageous* Good interpersonal skills * problem solving skills * negotiation skills as needed for procurement * honesty and trust worthiness * cultural awareness and sensitivity * sound work ethics and have an urgency to meet targets * willingness to learn* proficiency in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape * willingness to travel * a valid code C1/EB driver’s licence * computer literate (MS Office).
Remuneration: In return, we offer a monthly stipend according to qualification and experience.
Interested applicants must submit a 3-page CV, certified copies of the relevant qualification certificates as well as a copy of ID to e-mail to email@example.com – Alternatively, an application can be posted or hand delivered to our offices at Fair View Office Park, George, 6530.
Closing date for applications: 28 September 2018
Casidra reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please note Casidra is a public entity and attempt to reach employment equity targets.