Independent Media has an exciting 12 month opportunity for Journalism / Media and Communications graduates who are looking to gain workplace experience. The successful incumbent will be required to work for our various titles / departments in one of our three workplaces (Johannesburg, Durban & Cape Town).
- Must have a relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. Journalism
- Must be Techno Savvy, with a strong interest in digital / social media platforms
- Must be interested in online, mobile and digital media
- Must be computer literate
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure in highly demanding environment
- Must be a forward thinker and able to source solutions t growing our business and brand
- Be innovative and creative
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Listening skills
- Applicant should have good analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
Shortlisted candidates will go through an assessment and thereafter an interview. Successful candidates will need to be available and committed to the internship period from 1st February 2019 until 31st January 2020 in their region of choice.
Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans.
How to apply?
All interested applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Wednesday the 19th December 2018.
Please email your CV and stipulate which region you are applying for. Kindly note that Independent Media will not cover any accommodation and / or travelling costs.
- Cape Town – email@example.com (Attention: Remur Bam)
- Durban – firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Hajra Johns)
- Gauteng – email@example.com (Attention: Londi Zuma)
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of submitting your application, please regard your application as unsuccessful