The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) hereby invites all suitable students interested in Construction related studies to apply for their Thapelo Madibeng Bursary from the year 2019.
A maximum of R80 000.00 per annum will be awarded to successful students covering tuition, prescribed books/stationery, residence costs (no private accommodation) and meals.
The bursary scheme is targeting qualifications in the Construction Sector including but are not limited to:
|Universities Degree Qualification||Universities of Technology||TVET Colleges|
|BSc Architecture||ND: Building||NCV: Civil Engineering and Building (Level 2 – 4)|
|BSc Land Surveying||ND: Civil Engineering||NCV: Electrical Infrastructure Construction (Level 2 – 4)|
|BSc Civil Engineering||ND: Quantity Surveying||NATED : Electrical Engineering (N1 – N6)|
|BSc Quantity Surveying||ND: Electrical Engineering||NATED: Civil Engineering (N1 – N6)|
|BSc Construction Management||ND: Town and Regional Planning|
|Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering||ND: Land and Property Development|
|B degree in Geomatics||ND: Architecture|
|BSc Urban and Regional Planning||ND: Geomatics|
|BSc Property Development||ND: Construction|
|BSc in Real Estate|
- Both under-graduate and post-graduate students up to Honor’s level may apply
- Immediate CETA employee’s family members may not apply
- Students currently funded by CETA through entities may not apply
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens studying in Public Institutions
- Selection of successful students will be strictly on academic merit with pure Maths and Physical Science
- No Bursaries will be granted to existing students who are not promoted to the next year.
- In making the final selection, preference will be given to:
– Previously disadvantaged individuals, Students from Rural Areas, students with Disabilities, Females and beneficiaries of Military Veterans
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results
Supporting documents required
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of guardian/parents proof of income or social grant/pension
- Letter of acceptance from tertiary institution: University, University of Technology or TVET College
- Full academic history for students already studying at University or University of Technology
- Grade 12 June 2017 results for Matriculants
- Age (not more than 35 years of age)
- Income (parents not earning more than R350k per annum)
How to apply?
To apply for the CETA Thapelo Madibeng Bursary Scheme Bursaries first download the application form by clicking here
Applications comprising completed application and all supporting documents must be send to Bursaryapplications@ceta.co.za
You may also apply online by CLICKING HERE
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2019
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) was established in April 2000 after the promulgation of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998. Its primary objective is to influence the course of training and skills development in construction by ensuring that all training reflects the needs and requirement of the sector.