Our bursary programme is available to university students who are studying towards becoming a chartered accountant at a SAICA accredited university (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants). Bursaries are awarded to high-performing, talented individuals. The programme also seeks to support qualifying students who have financial needs.
To apply for the bursary programme:
- You must be studying, or intend to study, at a university to become a chartered accountant of South Africa (CA (SA)).
- Your degree must be one that is accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
- You must have participated in extramural activities at school and university.
If you are in Grade 12:
- You must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance.
- Your subjects must include Mathematics and English (Maths Literacy does not qualify).
- You must be getting over 60% for all your subjects.
If you are at university:
- You must be passing all your subjects consistently.
Bursary students must maintain a consistently good academic record at university and pass the required number of subjects in each academic year to PwC’s satisfaction.
Skills and behaviours we are looking for
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, drive, determination and output driven
- Leadership potential, professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Broader business knowledge, ability to think out of the box to deliver quality solutions that our clients seek
Responsibilities of PwC bursary holders
Bursary holders are required to serve a three-year training contract with PwC on completion of their post-graduate studies. The contract may
We expect our bursary holders to progress steadily throughout the three years Bursary holders to qualify as a CA(SA). This includes writing the qualifying exams and achieving the necessary core hours as prescribed by SAICA.
During your learnership, you will gain experience in the following fields:
- Business information systems
- Financial management
- Secretarial systems
- Taxation and estates
How to apply?
To apply for the 2020 PwC Kimberly Bursaries CLICK HERE
Closing date: Unspecified