About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Junior Electronic Engineer in the Technology for Special Operations (TSO) impact area, within the Defence and Security cluster. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of projects through life cycle in a military environment to effectively support the client with research and development (R&D) outputs, field experiments, training and operational requirements. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more information about the cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/technology-special-operations and https://www.csir.co.za/defence-and-security respectively.
- Manage R&D, test and evaluation, support and maintenance projects;
- Conduct research and development to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Perform electronic circuit design, wiring diagrams, contribute to data packs, capturing, processing and analyzing field experiment data and systems integration design work;
- Provide guidance to technicians in the field of electronic engineering to work as a team and deliver quality project outputs;
- Train the customer on specialized equipment for their effective use and maintenance;
- Write documents of good standard that are applicable, relevant and understandable as per required project deliverables;
- Conduct fault finding on electronic equipment and/or medium-complex systems;
- Design and build concept demonstrators in a short time by making use of basic electronic components and/or development boards such as Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi;
- Install electrical systems into vehicles as per customer requirements;
- Interact with customer and capture user requirements in the form of an URS document;
- Research and identify products or systems required by the customer;
- Write the evaluation and test procedures;
- Conduct the evaluations together with the customer and suppliers;
- Capture and process the test results and present the project outcome and recommendations to the client;
- Present progress on projects to stake holders on a monthly basis.
What are the requirements?
- Basic soldering skills;
- Familiar with standard quality processes such as ISO9000;
- Must have written a few documents i.e. reports, test instructions, user requirements etc
- Computer literate;
- A valid security clearance fit for the environment;
South African citizenship is required, must have or be able to obtain a valid security clearance, and must not hold dual citizenship.
Closing date: 18 October 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
How to apply?
To apply for CSIR Electronic Engineer Internship CLICK HERE