About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Junior Researcher/Engineer in the Energy Centre within the Smart Places Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible to conduct energy system planning, modelling and analysis with a special focus on the transmission and distribution grids, and undertake research into challenges facing the current grid and new topics related to the future energy-system with a high share of renewables. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more information about the Centre, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/csir-energy-centre
- Execute various project management/administration tasks;
- Support the identification of new avenues of knowledge application;
- Generate technical reports, articles, conference papers and presentations aimed at the energy industries;
- Contribute to formulating research proposals and respond to both internal and external clients.
What are the requirements?
- Honors degree in engineering, science, mathematics or any other related field with at least three years’ experience in an energy related field.
- The following
experience and knowledge is essential:
- Power system modelling experience
- Basic knowledge of power system planning tools
- Working experience in a team environment
- knowledge of the South African and Southern Africa’ power system
- knowledge of energy policies, regulations, codes and standards
Closing date: 16 October 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
How to apply?
To apply for the CSIR Researcher/Engineer: Grid Planner Internship CLICK HERE