Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, ZA
Requisition ID: 18003
Job Category: Health & Safety Internship
Location: Johannesburg, Greenstone Hill
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Under the direction of the OH&S Manager we are currently searching for a H&S intern. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with Hatch’s OH&S professionals and practices to accelerate a best practices approach to safety.
Candidates can expect
to receive real world learning in their chosen field of study. The
internship program will assist with promoting safer environmental practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products and databases
- Must have the ability to work with all types of people and situations as well as work well in a team environment
What are the requirements?
- You must have 0-2 years’ work experience
- You Must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- Graduates who have completed an Occupational Safety and Health Diploma, or similar, degree program at a reputable Higher Educational Institution
- You must have passed your qualification with distinction
- Experienced in MS Office
- Competent in the use of copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines and telephone
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to document processes
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Enter accident reports into record
- Update safety data sheets into the online data management system
- Update and maintain safety training records including entering safety meetings, training meetings, etc.
- Promote safer environmental practices
- Reinforcement of proper practices related to waste disposal and other environmental safety concerns
- Assignment of specific Health & Safety related tasks with on-going projects
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
How to apply?
To apply for Hatch Health and Safety Internship CLICK HERE