Purpose of the Internship:
The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain workbased experience. Applications are invited for the Post Claims Internship for unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35.The Internship program will run for a period of twelve (12) months.
Work based exposure may include the following;
- Updating and maintain the filing systems on a daily basis and archiving files as appropriate;
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans (Including risk assessment) and audit programs for assurance ;
- Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff;
- Prepare working papers, documenting adequately work performed;
- Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
What are the requirements?
- Certified Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified copy of National Diploma/B Degree in a Medical Field or Law.
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy Academic transcript
- Your CV and motivational letter
Technical and behavioral competencies required
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Prioritize tasks as needed
Interns will be awarded a monthly stipend.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the province and the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line.
- Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
- Applicants are restricted to apply for a maximum of 3 positions only (to complete an application for each ref number)
- Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in the field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
- The applicant must not have previously served as intern before.
- Should it be found that the applicant previously served as an intern and did not disclose that info and it is discovered later, the applicant will be disqualified.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB! ONLY THE FIRST 300 CV’S WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
How to apply?
NB: Applications can be forwarded to the following mail address: JHBinternship@raf.co.za
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Closing date: 22 October 2019
To view the post on the Road Accident Fund’s website CLICK HERE