Sappi Forests KZN requires a Research Intern to provide the incumbent with the necessary skills and training and to develop the specific competencies required in executing research and production-related activities at our Shaw Research Centre.
This role reports in to the Principal Research Officer.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Assist with tissue culture laboratory activities such as media preparation and sub-culturing
- Assist with Research trial activities such planting and measurement
- Assist with data capture and analysis of trial data
- Safety awareness and implementation of policy
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification and
- Relevant Forestry, Horticulture or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification
- No experience required
- Computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Driver’s license would be beneficial
How to apply?
To apply for the Sappi – Forests Research Internship CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 23 October 2019