Working Title Athletic Training Intern
The Athletic Training Intern assists the Lead Athletic Trainer and Athletic Trainers with the oversight and delivery of sports medicine coverage, services, and injury care at Savannah State University for non-revenue sports. Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to student-athletes participating in Savannah State University’s Intercollegiate Athletic program. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, traveling with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contests.
The successful candidate:
- Evaluates, treats, and rehabilitates student athletes as well as administers physician prescribed treatments to injured student athletes.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies and completes purchase requests to replenish stock.
- Maintains accurate records on student athletes.
- Attends scheduled team practices and competitions which includes all home and away events for contracted covered sports.
- Follows the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Code of Ethics and stays abreast of all state and national requirements for license renewal.
- Assists with the maintenance of training room equipment and performs safety inspections.
- Provides necessary feedback to head coaches regarding a student athlete’s medical condition using HIPAA compliant reports from the Athletic Trainer System (ATS).
- Adheres to NCAA and Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) rules and regulations as they apply to student athletes and Sports Medicine.
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree from a CAATE accredited institution.
- Must have a GA athletic training license and be NATA certified.
- Must be CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
- Must be a current member of the National Athletic Trainers Association.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S5992014
Number of Vacancies 2
Position End Date 05/31/2020
Open Date 08/23/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions Summary
Complete application online and submit cover letter, resume, transcript and contact information for references (3).
Review of applications will begin September 2, 2019. To ensure consideration, apply by this date
How to apply?
To apply for the Savannah State University Athletic Training Intern CLICK HERE