FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPANION ANIMAL CLINICAL STUDIES
INTERNSHIP (12 MONTH CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science has wonderful opportunities for a junior veterinarian who wants to gain more experience in equine medicine – or surgery and learn from the best specialists.
The Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies has the following vacancy for an intern for 2020:
Equine clinic (1 post)
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in several sections of the Department of Companion Animal Clinical Studies, including a 24-hour and week-end service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager and Head of Department; and
- Community engagement activities.
What are the requirements?
- A BVSc-degree or BVMCh-degree or an equivalent veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where applicable); and
- Adequate subject knowledge of equine medicine and surgery.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (windows, MS office, internet);
- After-hours availability; and
- Commitment to further academic development.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Bernice Nyathela, Tel: (012) 529 – 8541 for application-related enquiries, and Dr Yolandi Smit, Tel: (012) 529 – 8141 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
How to apply?
To apply for the University of Pretoria Internship CLICK HERE