The successful applicants are expected acquire practical and theoretical skills in the field of communications in order to develop and acquire hands-on experience through the internship programme.
The duties and responsibilities of the Communications Intern include, but are not limited to providing assistance with:
- Receiving supplies on behalf of the Communications Department and distribute accordingly
- Coordinating events
- Developing media relations and as well as relations with Communications stakeholders
- Implementing the organization’s public relations initiatives
- Implementing corporate identity quality control
- Providing reports about provincial communications
- Taking action on media queries and interviews
- Carrying out departmental finance and administration
- Monitoring media on a daily basis
- Communicating with the Training and Development group to make sure internship documents are accurate and up to date each month
- Managing departmental databases
What are the requirements?
Apply today if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, or
- A student in need of in-service training in fulfillment of tertiary qualification
- Amenable to take on the internship position in line with the tertiary education institution’s rules and regulation
How do I apply?
Should you happen to meet the above mentioned basic eligibility requirements and would like to apply for the internship:
- Send via email a comprehensive and up-to-date CV showing practical applications of the duties and responsibilities and minimum qualifications as advertised above
- CV must indicate the reference number COMMS/15/112019 in the subject line of the email
Send all applications to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za, or click here to register an account and apply on the organization’s recruitment portal.
Application Deadline? The deadline for submission of applications is on 3 December 2019, end of business day. No late or incomplete submissions will be accepted.