The Trust’s bursary support is primarily to provide students access to higher education through initial funding. However, current bursars may reapply for the next academic year depending their performance at school. The bursary support will be provided at the maximum amount set by the bursary committee. However, the Trust does not offer full bursaries, and for this reason, bursars are strongly advised to seek out other sources such as government and corporate bursaries, publicly funded grants or loans.
The Mitchell’s Plain Bursary and Role Model Trust offer bursary support with tuition or registration fees at higher education institutions such as:
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Western Cape
- University of Stellenbosch
- FET’s or Further Education and Training colleges
What are the requirements?
To qualify for consideration for bursary support, applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- A current Grade 12 student from any of Mitchell’s Plains 17 high schools, or
- Currently a recipient of the Trust’s bursary programme
- A resident of Mitchell’s Plain
- Financially and academically deserving
- Able to obtain a letter of support from the school principal
How do I apply?
If you meet the above mentioned minimum qualifications, click on the link below to apply online. Also, be sure to check the supporting documents’ checklist prior to applying:
- Copy of ID document
- Parent’s or guardian’s proof of income (furnish sworn affidavit if there is no income)
- Death certificate or sworn affidavit is the parent(s) are deceased
- Proof of residence
- For first time applicants:
- Exam results from Grade 11
- Exam results from Grade 12 (June and September test results
- Letter of motivation
- For current bursars
- Exam results June and September
CLICK HERE to apply online.
The deadline for submission of applications is scheduled on 30 November 2019.
Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.