The district’s Executive Mayor’s Bursary Fund programme is awarded to students who are from previously disadvantaged communities and are pursuing, or planning to pursue various fields of studies recognized by the Vhembe District Municipality.
For the 2020 academic year, the bursary is offered to undergraduate students pursuing either a National Diploma or Bachelor of Science qualification in any of the fields of study listed below:
- Bachelor in Administration
- Environmental, Waste and Disaster Management
- Regional and Town Planning
- Hydrology and Water Management
- Civil, Mining, Electrical, and Chemical Engineering
- B Financial Accounting
- BCom Accounting or Auditing
- Business Management
- Information Technology
What are the requirements?
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- A resident of Vhembe District Municipality
- Must be from a disadvantaged background
- Currently in matric or tertiary education institution
- Planning to study or already pursuing any of the prescribed courses in any tertiary education institution in Vhembe
How do I apply?
Download the application form below:
The following supporting documents will need to be submitted along with your application:
- Certified copy of Grade 12 results (month of June)
- For undergraduate students, certified copy of transcript of grades
- Proof/affidavit of unemployment from parents
- Certified copy of South African ID and birth certificate of applicant and parents
- Reference letter from school principal (Grade 12 students)
- Proof of Vhembe residence coming from Civic, SANCO or Head Man
All applications are to be sent by post to:
The Municipal Manager
Private Bag x5006
Deadline for submission of applications is on 29 November 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. If you do not receive feedback three months beyondthe deadline.