The successful intern will be given a great opportunity to acquire and develop the essential skills, experience in the field of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality. Reporting directly to the SHEQ Manager, the intern is to provide support to the organization by carrying out various tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Collecting and analysing water and wastewater samples
- Conduct research, develop, organize and initiate projects
- Assess and ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with SHEQ regulations
- Provide assistance to the SHEQ department with gathering daily safety reports
- Go to MDT meetings
What are the requirements?
Applicants must be able to meet the programme’s minimum requirements in order to become eligible for consideration to the internship:
- Must hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Management. BTech Environmental Science graduates are also welcome to apply
- Must be knowledgeable in operating computers as well as using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience is not a requirement
What is the selection process?
Sappi SA employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able to meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present. The most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperwork and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How do I apply?
To apply for the Sappi SA SHEQ Internship CLICK HERE