Do you reside in the vicinity of the City of Cape Town? Have completed Matric / Grade 12 (preferably with Mathematics and Science)? The City of Cape Town is inviting applications for its Fire Fighter Learnership Programme to start on 1 June 2020 from suitably qualified South Africans. Successful applicants will be appointed on learnership contract and be paid an ANNUAL stipend of R163 948 (monthly gross stipend: R13 622).
What are the requirements?
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- 18 years or older
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
- Must be medically and physically fit
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Successful candidates must be available to start training on 1 June 2020
- ONCE APPOINTED: Successfully complete the Firefighter 1, Firefighter 2, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Operations and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution
-Candidates need to pass a Fire and Rescue standard physical assessment comprising of the following:
-Practical assessment comprising:
|Reach Test 1,9 m|
|2,4 km run||Complete under 11 Min||Complete under 13 Min|
|Push-ups||Complete 30 in 60 Sec.||Complete 20 in 60 Sec.|
|Sit-ups||Complete 30 in 60 Sec.||Complete 20 in 60 Sec.|
|Dead Load carry 2 x 25kg over a distance of 100m|
-Acrophobia and Claustrophobia tests.
-Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics and comprehension), interview, medical evaluation and substance abuse test PRIOR to appointment.
Special conditions attached to the post:
-Non-permanent contract position for duration of training
-Candidates will only be appointed to permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the prescribed training programme
-Required to wear a uniform and protective clothing.
How to apply
-To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
|First Letter of Surname||Date you must present yourself at: 53 Berkley Rd, Ndabeni (old abattoir premises), Cape Town before 8:30 in the morning|
|A, B, C, D, E||10 February 2020|
|F, G, H, I, J||11 February 2020|
|K, L, M||12 February 2020|
|N, O, P, Q||13 February 2020|
|R, S T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z||14 February 2020|
53 Berkley Rd, Ndabeni (old abattoir premises)
-Gates close at 08:30
-Strictly no late coming will be allowed
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID
- (not older than 6 months)
- Original Grade 12 Certificate
- Recently certified copy of Grade 12 certificate (not older than 6 months)
- Statement of results only accepted for 2019 Matriculants (original & certified copy)
- PT clothes, running shoes
- Participants to provide own refreshments for the day.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions.
No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.
View this advertisement in PDF here. However, don’t apply online. Go to the venue as advised above, based on the first letter of your surname