The CSIR Library and Information Science Internship is essential for students in the Library Technical Services Stream to acquire real-world work experience in the research and development field.
The successful candidate’s key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Keep track of and process interlibrary loan requests queued on OCLC
- Systematically organize and classify journals and books
- Shelve journals and books
- Conduct quality control monitoring of journal and book collection
- Ensure high-level accuracy of OCLC Knowledge Base
- Perform specific literature searchers under supervision of Information Specialists
- Weed library materials as needed
- Carry out client-facing services
What are the requirements?
The CSIR is looking for a potential candidate who meets the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Library Information Science
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Solid customer service attitude
- Operational knowledge of MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen eye for detail
- Works well within a team
- Observes strict compliance with deadlines
- Proactive and highly resourceful
How to apply?
To apply for the CSIR Library and Information Science Internship CLICK HERE
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 15 January 2020.
Keep in mind that the CSIR reserves the right to deactivate the link or take down the advert for whatever reason it may deem appropriate.