The South African National Parks’ (SANParks) Cape Region is inviting applications across the following national parks: Table Mountain, Agulhas, Takwa, Bontebok, West Coast, and within its Special Projects Unit. Candidates should be graduates in either of the following fields: Tourism, Conservation, Supply Chain Management, and Quantity Surveying. The duration of the Internship will be 12 months i.e. from 1 Apr 2020 – 31 Mar 2021, with a monthly stipend of R5 000.00 (pro-rata if started mid-month).
The Cape Region National Parks (above listed Parks) is offering Internship opportunities. Applications are invited from candidates in the related fields of study stated below:
- 1 x Supply Chain Management Intern –Table Mountain Nat. Park (Accommodation is not available)
- 1 x Tourism Intern – Agulhas Nat. Park (Accommodation is available)
- 1 x Tourism Intern – Bontebok Nat. Park (Accommodation is available)
- 1 x Conservation Intern – Tankwa Karoo Nat. Park (Accommodation is available)
- 1 x Tourism Intern – West Coast Nat. Park (Accommodation is available)
- 1x Quantity Surveyor Intern – Special Projects Unit: Kuilsriver (Accommodation is not available)
What are the requirements?
Qualified and unemployed South African youth with Matric/Grade 12/N3, coupled with a relevant qualification in the above-mentioned fields of study only, and have not attended any internship programme before.
Candidates with Driver’s license have an added advantage.
How to apply?
Applicants must note that people who apply without relevant qualification in the stated fields of study will not be considered. You must submit your application letter stating the preferred Park for placement, accompanied by a typed CV, certified copies of Qualification/s and certified ID copy, Driver’s Licence and SARS registration document (Income Tax Number).
Applications must be submitted to:
Cape Regional Office
P.O. Box 181
Fax No: 086 655 1873
Incomplete or irrelevant applications will not be considered; Please reflect the Field and Park preferred in the application letter as well as the fax/email subject
Applications not responded to within 21 days of the closing date must be considered unsuccessful.