The TFG Internship Programme is designed to help you make a smooth transition from campus into the world of work. You will engage with various individuals and teams in the business who will share their experience, knowledge, passion and purpose, to help you successfully complete the structured training programme.
TFG is looking for dynamic individuals to join their MERCHANDISE PLANNING teams. The Merchandise Planner analyses customer activity, forecasts sales, controls purchases and formulates budgets.
Key activities include:
- Influencing and implementing the relevant brand’s merchandise strategy
- Financial and strategic management of the various products e.g. product planning, controlling open-to-buy, reviewing weekly & monthly figures
- Management of the range assortments and replenishment
- Management and implementation of distribution strategy e.g. analyzing stores profiles & sales trends, developing promotional & range distribution by store & cluster
- Communication with stores and field
What are the requirements?
- A degree in Business Science or B.Com
- Majors in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Marketing and or Maths would be advantageous
- To have displayed a strong entrepreneurial style, i.e. display strong trader mentality
- A keen/strong interest in retail
- An eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills
- An analytical, detailed and strategic approach to problem solving
- To be able to work your way through a highly structured development process whilst on training
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
- To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurized environment
- To enjoy working with numbers
How to apply?
To apply for the The Foschini Group Planning Internship CLICK HERE