Under the supervision of UNEP-South Africa’s Project Management Officer, the successful applicant will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to Project Management activities such as reinforcing execution of projects and monitoring
- Conduct various surveys and research
- Conduct outreach programmes such as awareness and communication campaigns and utilizing social media platforms to show project results
- Organize meetings and workshops
- Manage databases
- Perform other additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
What are the requirements?
Applicants will need to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Currently a graduate school student or its equivalent, or
- Currently pursuing the final academic year of undergraduate studies (at least Bachelor’s level or its equivalent)
- A recent Bachelor’s degree graduate (no more than one year)
- Preferably from the academic field of environmental studies
- Familiar with basic software applications
- Keen interest in interacting with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. This includes being willing to appreciate and be tolerant of differing views and opinions
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of any other official UN language is an advantage
- Able to work collaboratively with co-workers
What is the selection process?
Applicants will be evaluated based on their submitted application and in line with the internship’s evaluation criteria and internal UN policies.
How do I apply?
To apply for the United Nations SA Project Management Internship CLICK HERE
The following documents must be submitted during the application process:
- A cover note that shows the degree that the applicant is currently taking up
- Date of graduation
- Skills in IT, including programmes or applications the applicant has some background with
- An explanation letter highlighting the reason/s that make you the best candidate for the internship. Also, include your keen interest in joining the United Nation’s cause
Applications will be accepted until 03 February 2020. Incomplete
or late submissions will not be reviewed.