ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence we do our best to recruit, select, develop, place, and retain young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows us to write the future together. Working for ABB South Africa as a Support Function Graduate you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
All our Young Talent
Programmes are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is
based on three types of learning:
Asking questions (20%)
We also understand that the world of work has changed and will continue to change. To keep with the pace and progress within the organization, you will need more than just Hard Skills (Technical), hence, during your time at ABB South Africa we will equip you with Soft Skills that will enable you to connect, create your identity and promote yourself in any working environment.
In addition to formally learning about our products through our online Learning Management System and our face-to face classroom training (10%), you will spend most of your time working with our actual products and systems (70%), and also be exposed to industry experts and leaders who will be available to answer your questions and provide you with career guidance (20%).
For the 2020 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the below areas for which we have highly structured rotation matrices.
- 1) Electrical Engineering: You will learn the Testing of Switchgear on all EPMV areas. Primary, Secondary, Modular and Service area, Testing, Working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgear and CAD drawings.
- 2) Mechanical Engineering: You will learn Basic design and draughting of motors, basic electrical and mechanical workings on electric motor, and project coordination.
- 3) Control and Instrumentation: You will learn about our Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators, Design and Commissioning of DCS.
- 4) Industrial Engineering: You will get learn our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- A Critical part of ABB’s operating philosophy is safety and integrity; Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You should have a BSc or BTech or Diploma in any of the areas mentioned above. In addition to the hunger to learn, you should demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, creativity, innovation complemented with solid interpersonal and leadership skills and high self-confidence.
- As part of the program you might be included to execute site work and travelling for sales, service and commissioning of our products in countries where we have operations.
Very Important: Please attach your academic record to your application. Your application will be immediately disqualified if this document is not attached. Closing date for application is 6 March 2020
How to apply?
To apply for ABB Global Engineering Graduate Trainee Program CLICK HERE