The ABB Global Trainee
Program (GTP) for Finance and Business Control is designed for recent graduates
who are looking for an international career in the finance and business control
sector. During the Global Trainee Program you will be exposed to a variety of
ABB operations in different countries (cross-functional, cross-divisional) –
all of which have a positive impact on the world around us. The program
comprises training in the form of hands-on working experience and “off-the-job”
formal training days, making the GTP the perfect start to your career.
From the beginning, you will contribute to the planning of your own program based on your individual interests and development requirements.
There are three assignments:
- One six-month assignment in your home country as an introduction to the business.
- One six-month assignment at ABB Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, where you will get an overview of ABB’s operations and work on a more strategic level.
- One six-to-twelve-month assignment in another country, where you will gain international experience and insights into the operational aspects of finance.
- The assignments are of six months each; they include:
- The first 6 months are spent at the ABB office in your home country. Thereafter, you will have the opportunity to move to ABB’s Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland for another 6 months, where you will gain an overview of ABB’s operations and work on a more strategic level in one of our finance group functions. Finally, the third assignment, which may last 6-12 months, will bring you to yet another country to gain further international experience and increase your responsibility. After successful completion of the program, you will be offered a permanent position in one of our local units in your home country.
- Your assignments will give you an insight into the following areas:
- Operational Controlling: accounting and reporting according to US-GAAP guidelines, rolling forecast reporting, business and product features, project controlling and analysis, cash flow management, financial and risk analysis
- Strategic Controlling and Finance: value creation and shareholder value, business planning and evaluation, strategic planning and development
- Personal Development: corporate mission and values, international and virtual teamwork, leadership and management skills, presentation, communication and motivational skills, innovation and creativity
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree with good grades in the fields of finance, economics or accounting.
- No more than 1 – 2 years of experience in any field.
- Global mindset, with a passion to work in diverse cultures.
- Required good team player who is flexible and open to new ideas.
- Be eligible to travel abroad for extended periods of time for international assignments.
- Strong Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply?
To apply for the ABB Global Trainee Program CLICK HERE