Givaudan is inviting applications for its Operations Learnership from unemployed young South Africans with a Grade 12/Matric. As an Operations Learner, you will, Under direct supervision, follow established procedures and guidelines by delivering production orders assigned by the Shift Leader and Senior Production Operator to perform a variety of simple, manual tasks of a production process.
- Under supervision of more experienced Operator/Leader, perform basic operation of designated machines and production equipment such as (one of the following): blenders, sieves, spray dryer systems, batching systems, multipurpose reactors, spinning cone column, bulk tanks, Roxane robots, packaging systems, ovens, mills, distillation columns (stills), encapsulation systems. Common tasks involve one of the following activities: blending, mixing, dispensing, packaging, heating, cooking, adding enzymes, compounding, filtering.
- Collect intermediates or raw materials, move and load it into production machines.
- Understand bill of materials and/or formula specifications, so the proper quantities of materials are added in the proper se-quence.
- Manufacture product in a safe and timely manner and according to predefined process instructions to meet specific quality standards.
- Accurately read control instruments, prepare neat & accurate records for all operations as required.
- Troubleshoot problems under guidance of more experienced Operator or provide assistance.
- Assist in performing in-process quality testing to ensure customer specifications are met. Identify deviations and document/communicate them in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare product packaging for next step in production or for final shipment to customer according to department specifications.
- Maintain neat, orderly and clean shop floor and workplace at all times and complete all sanitation and housekeeping duties as required.
- Work in accordance with all relevant requirements including, but not limited to GMP, AIB, OSHA, HACCP, FDA, USDA and internal safety guidelines
- Proactively identify process improvements.
- Participate in Lean activities in designated areas.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12/Matric with Maths and Science
- Advantage: Forklift operation skills preferred.
Technical skills required
- Basic math, reading and record-keeping skills.
- Basic PC skills, including competency in MS Office products.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
How to apply?
To apply for the Givaudan 2020 Operations Learnership CLICK HERE
Closing date: Unspecified. Advertised 18/02/2020