The purpose of the Hilton SA Engineering Graduate Programme is to develop aspiring Chief Engineers with the help of its structured, two-phased training programme. The initial phase runs for a duration of nine (9) months where skills and competencies are developed to enhance the incumbent’s technical knowledge and skills are enhanced.
The second phase involves technical skills development for the most part while a smaller portion is for administrative and managerial training. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to acquire actual work experience gaining practical skills and knowhow that will prove useful as a future Chief Engineer.
During the graduate training, the successful candidate will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Engineering team’s function and how it interacts with other departments
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge in order to become an important team member of the Engineering department
- Learn and apply managerial and supervisory techniques
- Undergo proper training in planning, counseling and coaching, effective communication, resource management, time management and establishing priorities
What are the requirements?
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria in order to become eligible to apply for this internship post:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant fields of study
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Willing to relocate to South Africa
- Must be ready and available and mobile during the programme
- Must have a full motivation to grow become Chief Engineer
How to apply?
To apply for the Hilton SA Engineering Graduate Management Programme CLICK HERE
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 8 March 2020.